Sunday, January 18, 2009

Return from a brief excursion

Spent a weekend in Aspendale
Past three ghost towns, I saw
But I couldn't take any pictures
What could be said of them
which hasn't already been said?
Decrepit buildings always make powerful imagery.
-
In memories one might find the nooks entirely inaccessible to every other human being on earth.
You might be the only person who can understand them.
The key: to capture what, without you, would never have been seen.
A lesson borrowed from Bresson.
-
In two Wednesdays, Elysium will materialize!
The club thingy they do every term will take place in the cafeteria
An idea Josh and I had:
We would have a small table, white linen, and fine silverware
A scene reading, a break up maybe?
We considered Mr. Beglin as a volunteer reader.
We unanimously agreed he was funny and would draw unsuspecting new-termers.
An integral ingredient is also necessary: Mission Tortilla Chips.
Remember to purchase at Costco.
-
Big surprise, on my way back I discovered I left my glasses six hours away in a cold vacant cabin. Sling and the rest of them will return in five weeks. I will rethink this misfortune as a self imposed limitation. Like film, like life.



No comments:

Post a Comment